Monday, October 11, 2010

Just beachy!


Montauk, NY
When most people think of the beach, they think about the hot summer sun and long days spent laying out or swimming in the (almost always freezing) water. For me, I think of watching the waves and observing the footprints in the sand. I would much rather go to the beach in the early Fall when the sun is still warm but the breeze is cool and relaxing. Plant my chair in the sand, grab my camera and just fire away. As much as I love where I live, the city beaches aren't exactly the ideal place to shoot, for me. Too many people for my taste. Haaaa.


Besides Manhattan, my favorite place in New York is Montauk. The beach is bliss! Perfect for doing what I love to do. Couples young and old, walking hand and hand on the shore line, dogs running, children playing and men paddling out to catch some waves.
I spend some time walking and shooting and then return to my chair to take a quick nap. It's just so quiet and peaceful that I can't resist.

There was one other beach that I enjoyed. It was in Florida. I took a trip back in February when of course, my luck, it was 20 degrees cooler than it normally is that time of year. The beach was a little windy but still beautiful. It had the same calm about it, like Montauk.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of photographing beaches, especially since there are so many more I'd like to see one day. On my list: Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Aruba and Tahiti. Hopefully I'll at least cross ONE off of that list before I die.

 



Ponte Vedra Beach, FL


 

No comments:

Post a Comment