Monday, October 4, 2010

What does this button do?

 I've always been the type of person that likes to take the picture rather than be in them. Even going back to the simple days of "point and shoot". I started out with an old 35mm Minolta film camera that I bought for $300 from Ebay. It was as basic as they come. Simple to use but made you feel like you were a pro using a big ol' fancy camera.

 To me, the coolest thing was using black and white film. I felt like it made my pictures serious even if it was a photo of something silly. At that point, I was hooked! I needed to know more about photography! By 2006, my camera was shot. I basically used it until it died. Back to point and shoot...

Once I found out when I was getting my Christmas Bonus in 2007, I went shopping! I found it! The one! It was perfect. It was beautiful. The Nikon D80. It was like nothing I've ever seen. I was fascinated. So many buttons to choose from! If I only knew how to use it!

Once I figured out how to take a picture using the auto setting, I hit the streets! Check out some of my first photos with my fancy new camera!



2 comments:

  1. this is the camera you still use now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. This was with first "real" camera. The one I have now is more advanced.

    ReplyDelete