Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A little piece of history




I never was a big traveler. As long as I can remember, I've always been afraid to fly. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see the world and photograph it, but not have to get there by plane. I'm slowly overcoming that fear though.


Before I took my first flight ever, last year, I realized how lucky I was to be in NYC. People come from all over the world to see where WE live! It's amazing! I said to myself "New York City is incredible! I have an endless amount of photo ops right here in my own backyard!" That being said, my first stop was Coney Island!










Something about this place just makes me so happy. To know that my parents came here when they were kids, puts a smile on my face. I love being able to share something that they enjoyed. In May of 2008, I paid a visit to C.I.
 I hadn't been there since I was a kid, (I know...it's embarrassing.) so it was almost like I was seeing it for the first time. Here are some photos of my visit on that Memorial Day weekend in 2008.




These last few are more recent. I think I shot these in the Summer of 2010. It was the opening season of the new Luna Park at Coney Island so I had to see what it was all about. I was pretty proud of myself for getting the shots I did of two of these rides. They were pretty intense and VERY fast! Thank goodness for my nifty cameras quick speed!




This last one I threw in for fun! It was a mural on the wall of a tunnel that leads to the other side of the park. The other side leads to the entrance of the Wonder Wheel. I just thought it was cute..in a scary kind of way.


No comments:

Post a Comment